What is Parish Share?
The Parish Share is the amount of money that each parish is asked to contribute to support the provision of mission and ministry of the Church in the Diocese of Oxford. Did you know that only two pence in every pound contributed goes on Diocesan administration costs?
The total amount of money needed by the Diocese each year is divided between the 29 deaneries using a formula that seeks to recognise the need of some parishes to be supported by others.
Parish Share is a vital part of enabling God’s mission in our Diocese. Without it, we would not be able to support and pay for our clergy. This helpful leaflet explains the scheme in detail.
Share Payment by Direct Debit
A discount of 1% is given to any parish who arrange to pay their share in full by Direct Debit. This will be deducted from the amount of the allocation when the Direct Debit is set up by us, so that we collect 99% of your share allocation in monthly instalments. Alternatively, if you have paid your 2021 share in full by 14 February (normally by 31 January, but we’ve extended the deadline for 2021 only) you will also receive the discount, in which case, please pay 99% of the allocated amount.
For 2021, we will also be offering a discount to any parish who pays their share by monthly Direct Debit but is not able to commit to contributing their full allocation at this stage. A discount of 0.5% of total contribution received by 30 June 2021 will be given to these parishes.
If you would like to pay by Direct Debit please complete the form below and return it by email to email@example.com or by post to: ODBF, Church House Oxford, Langford Locks, Kidlington, OX5 1GF
Alternative methods of Share Payment
You are also welcome to make your Parish Share contributions by bank transfer or cheque. Details on how to do this are on your latest Parish Share Statement or please contact Liz Holloway, Finance Officer-Parish Share.
2022 Parish Share Apportionment approved by November Diocesan Synod
2021 Monthly Share Update
- Berkshire Share as at 30 November 2021
- Buckingham Share as at 30 November 2021
- Dorchester Share as at 30 November 2021
- Oxford Share as at 30 November 2021
- Share Summary as at 30 November 2021
2021 Share Allocation by Parish
- 2021 Berkshire Share Allocation by Parish
- 2021 Buckingham Share Allocation by Parish
- 2021 Dorchester Share Allocation by Parish
- 2021 Oxford Share Allocation by Parish
- 2021 Share Allocation by Deanery
2021 Parish Share Apportionment approved by November Diocesan Synod
2020 Monthly Share Update
End of year Parish Share statements will not be automatically sent out this year. If you require an end of year statement of your Parish Share contributions in 2020, please contact Liz Holloway.
- Berkshire Share as at 31 December 2020
- Buckingham Share as at 31 December 2020
- Dorchester Share as at 31 December 2020
- Oxford Share as at 31 December 2020
- Share Summary as at 31 December 2020