The Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser can provide advice on policy and consultation on individual cases and local issues. They are also the nominated person for allegations of misconduct affecting children or vulnerable adults. they can assist with advice on supporting survivors of abuse, those involved in domestic abuse and allegations or harassment.
We provide a large amount of guidance and advice on all safeguarding and DBS matters on our website which can be found following the links below:
- Safeguarding Handbook
- SCIE Safeguarding Audit
- Safeguarding Starter Pack
- Diocesan Safeguarding Policies
- Guidance and Good Practice
- Disclosure and Barring Service
- Safeguarding Training
- Authorised Listeners
- Safeguarding Annual Report
- National Church Guidance
- Government Documents
- Complaints against clergy
The Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser would like to be informed about any case where a child or vulnerable adult appears to be at risk or where an adult appears to present a risk. They should be consulted if there is an allegation of misconduct In relation to children or vulnerable adults.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
We have advice on finding a Registered Body and obtaining DBS checks. The Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser does not advise on this process. However, they will advise on eligibility for these checks and related issues. They are also the diocesan contact for ‘blemished’ or ‘positive’ Disclosures, i.e. those where matters of concern are recorded.
All parochial clergy are required to attend Clergy Safeguarding Training every three years under arrangements approved by the bishop.
If you are not able to find the information you need in the links above, or if you are concerned about an urgent safeguarding matter please get in touch:
For urgent and confidential safeguarding matters:
- Jane Fisher – Interim Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor – email@example.com or 07840 186814
For queries on safeguarding training:
- Rebecca Norris-Bulpitt, Safeguarding Assistant & Training Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org or 01865 587041
- Linda Carpenter, Safeguarding Administrator – email@example.com
For general safeguarding enquiries and advice on policies or procedures: