‘Raise your conscience high, to be alive’
(Ben Okafor, singer/songwriter)
‘Justice-seeking friends who unite in unlikely coalitions are what I call church’
(Mary E Hunt, Women’s Alliance for Theology, Ethics and Ritual)
Love, truth, beauty, and human compassion, strength and resilience are all around us. But so too are inequality, injustice, environmental exploitation, and human pain and suffering.
What are your beliefs about the world, and where is your hope? What’s your passion for change?
Throughout the Diocese, Christians are working to make the world a better place, through:
- Commitment to local community initiatives
- Campaigning for social and political change
- Caring for those around them: families, friends, and neighbours near and far
Within the diocese there are effective networks of encouragement and support. This website is your guide to thinking, praying and taking action for social justice.
You may be interested in:
*resources on the EU Referendum
* resources associated with the Syrian Refugee crisis
* resources to help churches support credit unions
* our Submission to the Commission on Religion and Belief in British Public Life (November 2014)