An integral part of building relationship with those around us
From simple conversations to branding, design and video, we can use communication tools to describe the God that we know and the church life that we're part of. In this area, you'll find resources to equip you to become a better communicator, as well as a variety of tools to use in your own communications.
We're always interested to hear stories of what God is doing from across the diocese, so please do get in touch if you have anything to share.
What do we do?
Our roles are varied, but in brief, we:
- Proactively work with the press and broadcast media to tell good news stories about the life and work of the Church in the diocese;
- Respond to enquiries from the media for information and comment;
- Offer parishes and Church schools confidential and professional support during times of crisis and media interest;
- Share stories, good practice and thoughtful commentary from parishes through digital and printed publications;
- Facilitate the flow of information in both directions between parishes and bishops, archdeacons and diocesan officers;
- Manage the diocesan website, sub-sites and blogs;
- Develop and promote materials to support our common vision;
- Provide advice and support on digital and social media;
- Create and support imaginative campaigns to help promote the Gospel;
- Advise on the use of logos and branding and produce high-quality publications;
- Provide training on parish communications.
Meet the team
Director of Communications and spokesperson for the Bishop of Oxford
Steven joined the diocese in 2017 and is a marketing communications and change management specialist with over 25 years' experience in commercial, professional, charity (INGO) and public sectors.
01865 208 224 | 07824 906 839
Bev joined the team in 2022 to help parishes, area offices and Church House teams discern what’s happening across the diocese so they can plan how best to respond. She provides insights to help identify trends, issues and opportunities for the Church in the Thames Valley area.
Communications Officer - Publications
Ruth leads on all diocesan publications, including Pathways, eNews and bespoke literature to support church life. Previously, Ruth was an editorial manager for an international educational publisher.
01865 208 225
Communications Officer - Content
Maddy oversees our marcomms and PR approach; curating content to demonstrate the diversity of the diocese. Maddy works with regional and faith journalists and supports churches in telling their story.
01865 208 227 | 07880 716 761
Communications Officer - Digital
Emma joined the diocese in 2020 and works across our social media platforms and website, providing support to churches on their own digital journey. Emma previously worked as a proofreader for a well-known media company and delivered digital comms at a parish level.
07824 906 839
01865 208 227 | 07880 716 761