The Diocesan Advisory Committee (DAC) advises on applications for faculties and List B works. They meet every other month to discuss major schemes of work. We encourage you to use our online application system.
Please contact the DAC team at an early stage, especially if you are considering a major project.
Further advice and information about the DAC and the faculty application system can be found below.
Lists A and B have changed – find the new lists, effective 1st April 2020 here.
IMPORTANT – The process for Quinquennial Inspections has changed
Read more about these changes and access the guidance notes and related documents here.
Faculty Jurisdiction Consultation – now closed
You can read the response submitted by the Oxford DAC here.
About the DAC
DAC Meeting Dates 2020/2021
|Agenda close – 5PM||Meeting date|
|4 December 2020||11 January 2021|
|5 February 2021||8 March 2021|
|9 April 2021||10 May 2021|
|18 June 2021||19 July 2021|
|13 August 2021||13 September 2021|
|8 October 2021||8 November 2021|
- PLEASE NOTE – submission by the agenda close does not ensure inclusion on the next agenda. Cases will only be placed on the agenda if all necessary documentation is available. Please contact the DAC team as early as possible in the planning of your project to be advised of the timeline of obtaining permission.
Monuments at Risk Register
If you know about a churchyard monument that is at risk of deterioration or collapse, please fill out this form and a member of the DAC team will be in touch shortly.
- Faculties & Lists A & B (See Registry)
- Online Faculty System FAQ’s
- Making a faculty application – Important info and helpful tips
- Who’s who in the faculty process
- DAC Members
- DAC Advisors
- Statements of Need – Oxford DAC
- Statements of Need and Significance – CBC guidance
- Churchyard Regulations (See Registry)
- Charitable Grants for Churches 2017
- Lead theft
- Works to Trees
- Installing a bench
- Photo Voltaic cells criteria
- Window repairs
- Works Affecting Monuments and Memorials in Churches and Churchyards
- Standard wiring advice
- Crossing the Threshold – Toolkit for running a project
- Churchyard Guidance
- Architects List
- Building Conservation Directory
- Institute of Historic Building Conservation services directory
Conferences and Workshops (talks and slides)
- Architects and Surveyor’s Conference
- George Edmund Street in the Oxford Diocese (Richard Peats, Historic England Inspector)
- Working with Environmental Protective Glazing : An introduction to its use, benefits and technical aspects to consider (Sarah Brown, University of York & The York Glaziers Trust)
- The Faculty Jurisdiction – the basics, the role of the professional advisor, and up coming changes. (Darren Oliver, Diocesan Registrar)
- Metal Theft Prevention and Survival Workshop
- Theft of Metal : Insurance Claims Procesing and Parish Support (Derek Stancombe, Church Insurance Consultant, Ecclesiastical Insurance)
- Drivers of Theft and Managing Risk (Kevin Thomas, Ecclesiastical Insurance Group)
- Choosing a Roof Alarm (Jennie Schillig- DAC)
- The Permission Process and Policy Guidance (Sophie Hammond, DAC)
- Assessment Criteria for Roof Replacement in Alternative Materials (Richard Peats, Historic England)
- Re-roofing case studies: Benefits of Lead; Pros and Cons of Alternative Roofing Materials (Bryan Martin, Architect, DAC member and Conservation Officer)