The Diocesan Advisory Committee (DAC) advises on applications for faculties and List B works. They meet every other month to discuss major schemes of work. We encourage you to use our online application system.
Please contact the DAC ream at an early stage, especially if you are considering a major project.
Further advice and information about the DAC and the faculty application system can be found below.
UPDATE ON DAC RESOURCING
The DAC team are temporarily understaffed.
So that Liz and Sophie can continue to provide the highest level of service during this period we will only process a number of cases at any one time. This means that any new submissions which are not urgent works will be placed in a queue and will be reviewed systematically as other cases are finished. Please do still contact us at an early stage, especially if planning a reordering scheme or installing new facilities, we will continue to provide pre-application advice.
If you have an emergency, such as something causing a risk to health and safety, please do call Liz Kitch on 01865 208229.
In order for the team to process casework as swiftly as possible we will not be able to answer general enquiries as promptly as usual.
Please do review the FAQs and guidance on the DAC webpage – this contains lots of helpful information and may provide the answer to your query. Please be aware that if the answer to your query is available on our webpage we may not respond to your email. If you cannot find the advice you need please do contact us.
Thank you for bearing with us at this time.
Faculty Jurisdiction Consultation – now closed
You can read the response submitted by the Oxford DAC here.
About the DAC
|Agenda close – 5PM||Meeting date|
|8 December||8 January|
|9 February||12 March|
|13 April||14 May|
|15 June||16 July|
|10 August||10 September|
|12 October||12 November|
|14 December||14 January 2019|
- PLEASE NOTE – submission by the agenda close does not ensure inclusion on the next agenda. Cases will only be placed on the agenda if all necessary documentation is available. Please contact the DAC team as early as possible in the planning of your project to be advised of the timeline of obtaining permission.
- Faculties and Lists A/B (See Registry)
- Online Faculty System FAQ’s
- Statements of Need and Significance
- Churchyard Regulations (See Registry)
- Charitable Grants for Churches 2017
- Lead theft
- Works to Trees
- Installing a bench
- Photo Voltaic cells criteria
- Window repairs
- Works Affecting Monuments and Memorials in Churches and Churchyards
- Standard wiring advice
- Crossing the Threshold – Toolkit for running a project
- Architects List
- Building Conservation Directory
- Institute of Historic Building Conservation services directory
- Reordering Case Study: Wendover St Mary
- Facilities case study: Granborough
- Facilites Case Study: Wallingford St Mary le More: 2008-2010
- Reordering Case Study: Princes Risborough St Mary