For guidance and resources relating to permissions and the faculty process, see the dedicated webpage.
Churchyard regulations, guidance & monuments at risk
- Churchyard regulations (2017 onwards)
- Accompanying letter to Churchyard Regs 2016
- Installing a bench
- Churchyard guidance
- Application to minister for introduction of monument or ledger stone
- When someone you love has died leaflet
- Headstones: Advice and inspiration
- Reuse of churchyards for reburial
The Diocesan Registry pages also contain some useful information.
Monuments at risk register
If you know about a churchyard monument that is at risk of deterioration or collapse, please fill out this form and a member of the DAC team will be in touch shortly.
Liz Kitch - Senior Church Buildings Officer (DAC)
George Edmund Street in the Diocese of Oxford
Richard Peats, Historic England Inspector
Derek Stancombe, Church Insurance Consultant, Ecclesiastical Insurance
Insurance Claims Processing and Parish Support - Derek Stancombe
Kevin Thomas, Ecclesiastical Insurance Group
Sophie Hammond, DAC
Richard Peats, Historic England
Benefits of lead; pros and cons of alternative roofing materials.
Bryan Martin, Architect, DAC member and Conservation Officer