The Diocese of Oxford supports the continuing ministerial development (CMD) of all its licenced clergy and LLMs (Readers). All full-time ministers are encouraged to set aside at least 5 days (pro-rata) for their personal ministerial development each year. They are encouraged to take a retreat each year as well. The members of the CMD team are available to discuss CMD needs with individual clergy and LLMs when contacted. Included in the diocesan provision for CMD are:
- A programme of events hosted by the diocese;
- A resource library of past CMD events hosted by the diocese;
- Signposting to events and learning opportunities offered by trusted partner organisations;
- Information about taking an annual retreat;
- Funding (£250 per annum) offered by the diocese and links to other grant making bodies which support CMD;
- Learning opportunities in times of transition (see below)
- reflect in small peer groups on the key features of your new context;
- identify the challenges and opportunities;
- think about your plans for the future.
Please speak to your Parish Development Adviser if you would be interested in attending a New Posts Consultation.
The CMD Team
Revd Dr Andy Angel
Director of Formation in Ministry
Revd Gill Lovell
07391 416 089
In this section...
Information about the diocese's network of ministry accompaniers.
Continuing Ministerial Development (CMD) events in the diocese.
Information about grants for Continuing Ministerial Development.
Contact details and funding information for retreat centres within and outside of the diocese.
Sabbaticals & Study Leave
Information about sabbaticals and study leave for licensed clergy and Licensed Lay Ministers.
Guidance for new incumbants and details of the induction programme.
Resources for developing leadership skills.