The Cherwell Valley Benefice, a team of six rural parish churches and a church community in a growing urban village development, wishes to appoint a Team Rector able to guide us in our desire to deepen our Christian faith and develop the mission of our parishes.
• Seven welcoming churches
• A committed team including a House for Duty Vicar, an Ordinand, and a Benefice Administrator, supported by an enthusiastic and varied group of people and PCC members
• An established range of worship styles
• An attractive north Oxfordshire location in which to live and work
• Thriving village communities with easy access to local towns, schools, amenities and travel networks
We are looking for a Team Rector who:
• Has good communication skills and is approachable, caring and tolerant
• Wants to engage with the local community and to be a visible presence within it
• Has a passion for worship in a variety of traditional and modern styles
• Can recognise and use the skills of the laity across the Benefice
• Would like to lead us in our aspiration to develop mission and ministry throughout the Benefice
• Has the skills required to meet the challenges of ministry in an evolving new community
• Is creative and flexible, with a sense of humour
For further information, please see the Parish Profile.
Application Form and Recruitment Monitoring Form to be returned to: The Archdeacon of Dorchester, Church House Oxford, Langford Locks, Kidlington, OX5 1GF, telephone: 01865 208245. email: email@example.com
DBS Enhanced Disclosure is required.
Closing date: 18th February 2019
Interview date: 13th March 2019