National Church Safeguarding Policy, Practice Guidance and Resources
- Promoting a Safer Church; House of Bishops policy statement (2017)
- Protecting All God’s Children (safeguarding policy for children and young people, 4th edition, 2010)
- Promoting a Safe Church (safeguarding policy for adults, 2006)
- Training and Development practice guidance (2019)
- Glossary reference document (2017)
- Key roles and responsibilities of church office holders and bodies practice guidance (2017)
- Responding to, assessing and managing concerns or allegations against church officers practice guidance (2017)
- Responding to Safeguarding Concerns or Allegations that relate to Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults practice guidance (2018)
- Responding well to domestic abuse practice guidance (2017)
- Safer recruitment practice guidance (2016)
- Responding well to those who have been sexually abused practice guidance (2011)
- Safeguarding in religious communities practice guidance (2015)
Serious Incident Reporting
The Church of England has worked with the Charity Commission to agree bespoke guidance for DBFs, PCCs and Religious Communities on how to identify and report a Serious Incident. There are new requirements for reporting Serious Safeguarding Incidents. Further guidance can be found here.
Joint Practice Guidance with The Methodist Church
- Safeguarding records: joint practice guidance for the Church of England and the Methodist Church (2015)
- Safeguarding joint practice guidance for single congregation Local Ecumenical Partnerships (2015)
Records Management Guides
Guidelines for the Professional Conduct of the Clergy
Dignity at Work
Templates & Resources
- Parish Safeguarding Handbook
- Parish Safeguarding Checklist
- Risk Assessment Information and Tools
- Key Roles and Responsibilities of Church Office Holders and Bodies
Liturgical Resources & Theological Texts
Liturgical Resources – Safeguarding – A range of liturgical resources designed to suit a variety of pastoral circumstances. Includes safeguarding prayers and a template for the commissioning of a Parish Safeguarding Officer.
Forgiveness & Reconciliation in the Aftermath of Abuse (2017) – House of Bishops commended document from Faith and Order Commission.
The Gospel, Sexual Abuse and the Church: A theological resource for the local church (2016) – House of Bishops commended document from Faith and Order Commission.