We offer free advice and training for parishes and organisations within the diocese for all things related to online communication including websites and social media.
Sessions are intended for individuals or small groups and can be tailored to your needs but areas that might be of interest include:
- Help planning and developing a new website (or review your current one).
- Design advice (user friendliness, mobile friendliness, helpful widgets and plugins)
- Introduction to content management
- Search engine optimisation – getting listed higher and improving the quality of your search engine listing.
- Using Google resources – Webmaster Tools, Maps, Google Analytics, Google Local
- Writing a compelling Wikipedia entry
- Making the most of A Church Near You
- Creating e-newsletters (e.g. Mailchimp) or surveys
- Creating better photographs and graphics for the web
- Creating and sharing videos on YouTube, Vimeo
- Streaming video
- Creating podcasts and using SoundCloud for audio files
- Sharing files with Dropbox, Google Drive etc.
- Setting up private discussion areas (e.g. Secret Facebook groups, Yammer)
- Gaining a foothold on social networks, (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Introduction to Adobe Creative Cloud (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere etc.)
- Demystifying web databases