St Michael’s C of E Primary School
Sunninghill, Ascot, SL5 7AD
Salary within the range for London Fringe Group 2
Required for April 2022 or as soon as possible after.
We are looking to appoint an innovative headteacher to join the team of this lively primary school which is at the heart of the community in Sunninghill. The pupils would like a headteacher who is: kind and caring, welcoming, fair, approachable and especially somebody who smiles!
We aim always, as a team of staff, pupils, parents and governors to be ‘Learning together through love, friendship, forgiveness and faith.’ We want our pupils to believe, achieve and succeed both during their time with us and in their future lives.
St Michael’s is a one form entry voluntary aided primary school, maintained by the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and the Diocese of Oxford. We are proud to have received ‘Excellent’ in our recent SIAMs inspection and ‘Good’ from Ofsted. Our academic achievements are consistently in the top 20% of the country; we stretch the academically able and also support those for whom school is less easy.
This post is open to those looking for their first headship and those with headship experience.
- be an excellent practitioner and leader, with high expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
- be able to manage staff well, offering inspiration, support, motivation and challenge
- be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with all sorts of people
- affirm and develop the Christian ethos of the school
- understand and promote the principles of inclusion and safeguarding
- be able to make use of technology to innovate in different areas of school life
- an opportunity to work with a dedicated staff team
- motivated, engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are excited about learning
- a positive, attractive and friendly work environment
- a supportive governing body
- an attractive campus at the heart of the local community
- a school committed to inclusivity, valuing diversity in school life
Visits to the school are highly recommended.
Closing date: noon on Friday 26th November 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 8th December 2021
Safeguarding statement: St Michael’s C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant’s appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.