Just as with Ofsted, governors have set responsibilities within the SIAMS framework.
- to ensure the school lives out its Christian character according to its Trust Deed. To do this the governors need to monitor and evaluate all elements of the SIAMS evaluation schedule relevant to the schools Voluntary Controlled or Aided status.
- to ensure the school meets its statutory entitlement to teach RE
- to ensure the school has a daily act of collective worship that is Christian in character.
In addition to the Mid-term review mentioned in the schools section governors may wish to discuss support or review for specific areas of the SIAMS schedule, such as collective worship, with the school’s link adviser.
Bespoke training can be organised as part of your SLA package
Useful documents for governors in addition to those in the schools section.
- EIG programme
- Valuing All God’s Children
- Church Schools of the Future
- Working Together: the future of rural Church of England schools