Carrying out the headteacher’s annual appraisal review is a major responsibility of the governing body. Headteacher Appraisal is a critical aspect of leadership and the ODBE has a complete service for schools which supports the whole process of appraisal including:
- Supporting your governing body to review the performance of your headteacher and set objectives for the coming year;
- Giving preliminary advice and then attending and advising at the Headteacher Appraisal review meeting;
- Drafting a review statement and objectives for your agreement and for you to finalise with your headteacher;
- Familiarising you with the Headteacher Standards and documentation associated with Headteacher Appraisal; and
- Advising you on the procedure for making recommendations on your headteacher’s pay to the governing body following a successful review
To make a booking for an experienced adviser to support you in this process please contact your School Link Adviser directly or telephone Tracy Richardson (Schools Support Officer) 01865 208242 who will be able to help you with any further information you require and put you in touch with your school link adviser.
More information, including costs, is available in the Headteacher Appraisal leaflet in the documents section below.
We look forward to working with you.