Some helpful RE Facts:
- RE in voluntary controlled schools must be planned in accordance with the requirements of the local authority’s agreed syllabus for RE (LAS).
- RE in voluntary aided schools is the responsibility of the governors. It is the strong recommendation of the Diocesan Board of Education that VA schools use their local authority syllabus as the basis for their planning.
- RE in an academy, including ODST and ODBST, should be in line with one of the locally agreed syllabi, according to the school’s funding agreement.
- All children should have RE provision from Foundation to KS5
- Christianity should have a central role in the curriculum (approx. 2/3)
- At least 5% of curriculum time should be devoted to RE
- Other faiths should be covered, as outlined in the Locally Agreed syllabus
- All pupils in KS4 should be entered for an externally recognised qualification
- All KS5 pupils should have access to continuing RE and the opportunity to take A level RE