Schools and Headteachers require reliable and effective Governance. In the current climate of a rapidly changing educational landscape the need for a Governing Body with the right skills and competencies has never been greater. The Oxford Diocesan Board of Education is wholly committed to providing the best possible training and support for Governors who serve our schools so that leaders can work together, within a climate of support and challenge, to drive vision and improve outcomes for our children.
The New Programme (2017/18) is now available for download below
Excellence in Governance – supports both Ofsted’s current 14 criteria for governance and SIAMS 4 core questions in 13 Key modules. For some modules additional documents are available by clicking on the course title.
|• Headteacher Performance Management
• The Role of the GB in an Ofsted Inspection
• Governance-Becoming an Effective Governor
• Managing and Understanding Data
• SIAMS: the process and preparation
• RE and Collective Worship
• Supporting New Chairs of Governors
|• Meeting Statutory Requirements
• Headteacher Recruitment and Succession Planning
• Good to Outstanding Governance
• Finance Matters
More details will be found in the downloads below.