Oxford Diocesan Safeguarding Team
We offer advice, support and guidance to anyone in the diocese about all aspects of safeguarding. This may include:
- Advice and support: telephone, email and face-to-face consultation about a range of issues.
- Policy and practice: signposting to national and local policies and practice guidance.
- Training: safeguarding training to clergy and other leaders, churches and individual church members, including face-to-face training and online resources.
- Casework: management of complex cases, joint-working with statutory agencies, consultation and advice.
- Support for survivors: direct support and advice, provision of Authorised Listeners.
Interim Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor
07840 186814 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jane holds the post of Interim Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) until a permanent appointment is made. Jane is a reader in her church, passionate about all forms of justice and, among many other safeguarding roles, has previously led the safeguarding function for the Diocese of Winchester. Jane is responsible for ensuring that responses to concerns are timely, effective and proportionate. A key aspect of the DSA role is helping to develop a culture of confident safeguarding practice across the diocese.
For general safeguarding enquiries and advice on policies or procedures: