These factsheets are offered as a way of sharing good practice in the spiritual care of older people – the documents can be found by clicking on the links and you are welcome to print them off and copy them for use in your parishes (if you quote from them for use in any training material or parish publications please do acknowledge the source – many thanks).
SCOPs activities include:
- training events addressing a range of pastoral and practical issues in the spiritual care of older people
- working in partnership with a variety of agencies to provide relevant training in spiritual needs for those working in residential and care home settings
- encouraging parishes in their outreach to older people and promoting inclusive practices in parish life, sensitive to the needs of older people
- encouraging Christian theological reflection on ageing and its implications for models of ministry and discipleship
- working with other faith communities to develop a broad understanding of the needs and concerns of older people
- networking and forging productive links with other organisations locally, regionally and nationally, both Christian and secular
- producing materials and resources to promote good practice in the spiritual care of older people
Please click on the links below for the factsheets.
If you are interested in the work of SCOP and would like to be included on the SCOP Network mailing list, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org