Checkendon Church of England Primary School
Main Street, Checkendon, Oxfordshire, RG8 0SR
Leadership Scale: L6-L12 Start: September 2021
Are you an ambitious senior teacher looking for your first headship or an experienced head looking for your next challenge? The governors of Checkendon Church of England Primary School are looking for a motivated individual who is passionate about children’s learning and excited about the opportunity to head our happy, inclusive and successful school.
The children ask that you enjoy spending time with them, have fun and be creative.
We can offer you:
- A fulfilling leadership role with a regular teaching commitment
- An opportunity to grow professionally, encouraged by a strong and welcoming team of staff, governors and parents
- An Ofsted ‘Good’ school, with Christian ethos and a growth-mindset approach, in a vibrant rural community with wonderful space and opportunities for outdoor learning, sport and play
- A popular adjacent preschool and a variety of senior schools nearby
- A beautiful village setting, in a thriving location between Reading and Oxford
The successful candidate will:
- Fully support the vision and values of our small, rural school
- Inspire and lead pupils and staff to reach their full potential
- Be ambitious in their own learning and professional development
- Have the vision, energy and drive to lead the school forward, building upon our record of strong academic success
- Progress the positive relationships with parents, governors and the community
More in formation is in our Pack for Candidates
To apply, please contact our Chair of Governors, Richard Castle, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midday 22 April 2021
Interviews: w/c 26 April 2021
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check along with other, pre-employment checks.