Start Date: January 2022
Salary: L7-13 (£49,019-£56,721)
Contract type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Long Wittenham Primary School, High Street,
Long Wittenham, Abingdon, OX14 4QJ
Application Close Date: 5.00 pm, 11 October 2021
Our vibrant village primary school seeks a visionary and inspirational Headteacher who will be committed to our journey towards ‘Outstanding’.
Long Wittenham Church of England Primary School is located in the South Oxfordshire village of Long Wittenham. Situated between the Wittenham Clumps and the River Thames our children are fortunate to have access to many beautiful spaces for them to grow and learn. Our school was founded in 1826 in the Church of England tradition. Today we continue to play a thriving and active role in our community.
We foster an inclusive Christian ethos welcoming and respecting those of all faiths and none. Every member of school is committed to our core values: compassion, resilience and trust. At the heart of our approach is the belief that every child matters. Being a small school enables us to tailor our approach to each child as an individual, to encourage them to reach their full potential.
Our children thrive in a culture that promotes high expectations and builds resilience and a positive attitude to learning. We teach a full and creative curriculum. All our children attend Forest School run by our experienced Forest School teacher at the neighbouring Sylva Centre, which they walk to from the school. The village community plays an active role with members volunteering to read with the children or support the school with their skills and talents.
The village is planning the development of an exciting new school building on a new site securing our future at the heart of the community. The new Headteacher will have the opportunity to provide input into the design and implementation of the new school.
We want to appoint a Headteacher who:
- Has a clear vision to help shape the future of the school
- Has proven leadership and management skills that will motivate, inspire and nurture the staff team
- Is a good communicator with parents, children and Governors
- Is dynamic, innovative, and an outstanding relationship builder
- Is committed to enabling each child to reach their full potential
- Ample scope to use your creativity and initiative to lead a highly
energised and dedicated staff team
- Induction training and continued professional and personal development
- A Headship with a teaching commitment of three afternoons a week
- A supportive Governing Body that is open to new ideas to improve the outcomes for all pupils
- Friendly, well behaved, kind, sensible, responsible and active children
who are enthusiastic learners and proud of their school.
- A fully engaged Parents and Teachers’ Association
- Wider community engagement which enhances the opportunities within
- The exciting opportunity to provide input into the design and
implementation of a proposed new school building.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and strongly encouraged prior to application. Please contact our School Administrator, Nicky Folkman to arrange a visit:
Telephone: 01865 407850
To learn more download the candidate pack and application form.
Safeguarding and Child Protection
The safe recruitment of staff to our school is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in education. Long Wittenham Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils in its care. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.