Job title: Headteacher
Location: The Ridgeway CofE (VC) Primary School, West Street, Childrey, Oxon
Start date: January 2022
Salary type: Leadership scale
Salary details: Group 1 – L6-L12
Hours of work: Full time
Closing date: 5pm Thursday 24 June
Interviews: Wednesday 7 July
We are a small rural school that prides itself on providing a truly integrated environment where all children develop both socially and academically in a kind and supportive atmosphere. At The Ridgeway, we are ‘building for life’ and our vision is to be a joyful, vibrant and welcoming school community, encouraging ourselves to explore life in all its fullness with an enthusiasm and confidence that permeates everything we do.
We have been judged Good by Ofsted and SIAMS:
“The school is a joyful place. Pupils are bursting with pride in their school and all it has to offer. They thrive in a caring community, benefiting from effective teaching complemented by a rich range of after-school activities and visits to places of interest. The school’s core values of ‘caring, perseverance and respect’ permeate school life.”
“There is a life and vibrancy within the school that comes from enthusiastic, confident, happy pupils who are encouraged to explore and be curious about their world and opportunities’.”
We are looking for an enthusiastic leader to join an experienced and motivated teaching team, to drive our vision and continue our journey to Outstanding.
If you can combine the drive and vision needed to create a dynamic educational environment with the sensitivity to maintain a caring Church school in the heart of the community, we would be delighted to welcome you into the team.
We can offer:
- A very supportive group of parents, carers and grandparents who regard our school as a special place in the community where their children thrive;
- A very experienced staff team and governors with a proven track record of supporting those new to headship;
- A strong commitment by the governors to staff wellbeing and good mental health practices;
- Continued professional leadership development and support tailored to your specific development needs;
- Children who are enthusiastic, keen to learn and demonstrate the school’s values;
- An amazing PTA which has continued to successfully fundraise despite COVID and enabled the current headteacher’s wish list items to be fulfilled.
Debbie will also be delighted to arrange a visit to the school for you.
Please apply online via www.oxfordshire.gov.uk.
The Ridgeway C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and protecting all the children in its care. The successful candidate will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. You will also be required to declare that neither you nor anyone who lives in the same household is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.