Developed from the ideas underpinning the National Society’s website this course will explore many ideas of practical use in school worship. The day will include material which will be appropriate in all types of school, church or otherwise.
We will look at the role of clergy in:
- Encouraging participation across the community
- Parish and Church relationships
- Worship vs Assembly
- Themes, values, patterns and being explicit
- Planning, policies and governors
- Spiritual development
- Creating prayers with children and developmental aspects of prayer
- Pupil/Student leadership and creation of worship
- Practical links with biblical sources
- Worship throughout the life of the school – SMSC and Personal Development
- Suggestions for worship in class – including for young children
- Sacramental possibilities
Through the course participants will have a clear understanding of the role of worship in Church School, how this can contribute to good/outstanding SIAMS judgements and the role it can play in good SMSC and Personal Development within the Ofsted framework.
The course will be led by Robin Sharples, Diocesan School Link Adviser, who designed and wrote much of www.worshipworkshop.org.uk and Yvonne Morris, Children’s Adviser for the Diocese of Oxford.
This Worship Workshop is for all clergy involved in worship in schools or who are interested in learning more.
Course Leaders: Robin Sharples/Yvonne Morris
For more information: To book: 01865 208272 or e-mail: email@example.com