Developed from the ideas underpinning the National Society’s website www.worshipworkshop.org.uk this course will explore many ideas of practical use in school worship. This course is specially tailored for Clergy and other church leaders and will include material which will be appropriate in all types of school, church or otherwise.
The course will explore:
- Worship vs Assembly
- Engaging the whole school community
- Parish and Church relationships
- Spiritual experiences
- Sacramental possibilities
- Creating prayers with children and developmental aspects of prayer
- Pupil/Student leadership and creation of worship
- Practical links with biblical sources
- Worship throughout the life of the school – SMSC and Personal Development
- Suggestions for worship in class – including for young children
- Themes, values, patterns and being explicit
- Planning, policies and governors
Through the course participants will have a clear understanding of the role of worship in Church School, how this can contribute to good/outstanding SIAMS judgements and the role it can play in good SMSC and Personal Development within the Ofsted framework.
The course will be led by Robin Sharples, Diocesan School Link Adviser, who designed and wrote much of www.worshipworkshop.org.uk and Yvonne Morris, Children’s Adviser for the Diocese of Oxford.
This Worship Workshop is for all clergy involved in worship in schools or who are interested in learning more.
For more information: To book: 01865 208272 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org