Worship is a vital part of the life of a church school and critical part of the SIAMS process. Our Worship Workshop course is a lively opportunity to explore many ideas of practical use in school worship:
- The Bible in Worship Project and other practical links with biblical sources
- Pupil/student leadership, the creation of worship and how effective evaluation helps the creative process. Themes, values and patterns including the place of seasons and festivals
- Worship throughout the life of the school – working with PSHE, SMSC and Personal Development plus suggestions for worship in classes and tutor groups
- Expressions of spirituality, creating prayers and developmental prayer and sacramental possibilities
- Parish connections, worship in church and participation across the community including multi-cultural contexts
- Godly Play, Prayer Spaces and our Treasure Trove of worship
- And … the Holy Trinity.
Through the course participants gain a clear understanding of the essentials of worship in a church school, how it can contribute to good/outstanding SIAMS judgements and the role it can play in good SMSC and Personal Development within the Ofsted framework. There will also be opportunities for meeting with other teachers and practitioners to share ideas.
For everyone involved in worship in church schools; headteachers, co-ordinators, clergy, governors, parents and parishioners.
Led by Robin Sharples, School Link Adviser, who designed and wrote much of www.worshipworkshop.org.uk,
Participants may wish to look at www.worshipworkshop.org.uk and www.oxford.anglican.org/schools/school_worship/school-worship-bible-project before attending the course.
Course Leaders: Robin Sharples
Cost: Schools in Diocesan Service Agreement: £95 (+VAT) per delegate, Schools not in the Diocesan Service Agreement: £140 (+VAT) per delegate
To book please click the link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk