A specially tailored version of Worship Workshop. This course explores many practical ideas for school worship and includes material appropriate in all types of school, church or otherwise.
The course will explore:
- Engagement with the whole school community including, pupil/student leadership and creation of worship, parish and church relationships;
- Liturgy, Seasons, Festivals, the place of the Bible and how these can lead into spiritual experiences and sacramental possibilities;
- Creating prayers with children and developmental aspects of prayer including Suggestions for worship in classes and some ideas for young children;
- Worship throughout the life of the school – SMSC and Personal Development;
- We will consider themes, values and patterns in worship and school life and the place of planning, policies and governors.
Through the course participants will have a clear understanding of the role of worship in church school, how this can contribute to good/outstanding SIAMS judgements and the role it can play in good SMSC and Personal Development within the Ofsted framework.
The course will be led by Robin Sharples, Diocesan School Link Adviser
This Worship Workshop is for all people in parishes involved in worship in schools or who are interested in learning more.
‘Immensely helpful – really enjoyed the whole day. I greatly valued
the information and the discussions with other participants. Thank you.’
Course Leaders: Robin Sharples
Cost: £12 + VAT
To book please click the link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk