Worship is a vital part of the life of a Church School and critical part of the SIAMS process. Drawing on, and developing, many of the ideas underpinning the National Society ‘Worship Workshop’ website this course will explore many ideas of practical use in school worship – these will include:
- Practical links with biblical sources – linked to the Bible in Worship Project
- Pupil/Student leadership and creation of worship
- Worship throughout the life of the school – SMSC and Personal Development
- Suggestions for worship in class – including for young children
- Encouraging participation across the community
- Themes, values, patterns and being explicit
- Spiritual development and sacramental possibilities
- Parish and Church connections
- Creating prayers and developmental prayer
- Godly Play
- And … the Holy Trinity.
Through the course participants will gain a clear understanding of the role of worship in a Church School, how this can contribute to good/outstanding SIAMS judgements and the role it can play in good SMSC and Personal Development within the Ofsted framework. There will also be opportunities for meeting with other teachers and practitioners to share ideas.
For everyone involved in worship in Church schools; Headteachers, Co-ordinators, Clergy, Governors, parents and parishioners.
Led by Robin Sharples, School Link Adviser, who designed and wrote much of www.worshipworkshop.org.uk, and Lesley Turville, SIAMS Manager.
Participants may wish to look at www.worshipworkshop.org.uk and www.oxford.anglican.org/schools/school_worship/school-worship-bible-project before attending the course.
Cost: Schools in Diocesan Service Agreement: £90 (+VAT) per delegate Schools not in the Diocesan Service Agreement: £135 (+VAT) per delegate
For more information: To book: 01865 208272 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org