Understanding Christianity Training
This resource is published by RE Today and the Church of England Education Office and referred to in the new SIAMS schedule is only available to those who attend accredited training.
The aims of this three-session course are to:
- Explore this new national resource for teaching Christianity.
- Discover the teaching method of Text, Impact, Connections
- Engage with the question of religious and theological literacy
By the end of the course participants will:
- Have the full resource in hard copy (one per school)
- Have access to the accompanying online resources
- Have explored ways to implement the resource
- Have increased their biblical and theological knowledge and confidence in RE teaching
- Have completed at least two “gap tasks”
Target Audience: This course is for infant, junior, primary and secondary teachers who would like to see a real improvement in the teaching of Christianity in their school
Group 1: 11/01/19 02/04/19 04/06/19 (half days)
Group 2: 18/01/19 17/05/19 17/06/19 (half days)
Group 3: 15/02/19 20/05/19 02/07/19 (half days)
Cost: Schools in Diocesan Service Agreement: £80 (+VAT) Schools not in the Diocesan Service Agreement: £235 (+VAT)
Schools sending a second delegate will be charged at £30 (+VAT)
To book all three sessions for group 2: please click the link below.