Conflict, dialogue and debate in RE
This one day RE conference aims to equip teachers with the confidence to tackle the challenging and often contradictory ideas and opinions that are expressed within and between faiths. The keynote and discussion groups will give delegates a chance to engage with a range of opinions and acquire skills to manage debate and conflict in the RE classroom.
· Religion and science
· Religious and non-religious world-views
· The Reformation and historical religious conflict
· Expressing contradictions through art
Guest Speakers (provisional):
· Ed Pawson, Adviser to Exeter Diocese
· Revd Jennifer Brown, recently held the post of Science Missioner to Churn Benefice
· Sarah Mortimer, Oxford University Lecturer in History
· Robin Sharples, Adviser to Oxford Diocese
· Ruth Bennie, Adviser to Oxford Diocese
Target Audience: This conference is for all teachers, primary and secondary, who wish to engage with the latest thinking, improve their subject knowledge and who want to ensure that their classrooms are places where contradictory convictions can be safely expressed.
Course Leader: Anne Andrews
Cost: Schools in Diocesan Service Agreement: £90 (+VAT) Schools not in the Diocesan Service Agreement: £100 (+VAT)
To book click the link below: