This resource is published by RE Today and the Church of England Education Office and referred to in the new SIAMS schedule is only available to those who attend accredited training. The aims of this three-session course are to:
* Explore this new national resource for teaching Christianity.
* Discover the teaching method of Text, Impact, Connections
* Engage with the question of religious and theological literacy By the end of the course participants will:
* Have the full resource in hard copy (one per school)
* Have access to the accompanying online resources
* Have explored ways to implement the resource
* Have increased their biblical and theological knowledge and confidence in RE teaching
* Have completed at least two “gap tasks” Target Audience: This course is for infant, junior, primary and secondary teachers who would like to see a real improvement in the teaching of Christianity in their school
Feedback from a delegate attending the first cohort: “A great resource! It’s great to see such a detailed and useful resource on teaching Christianity. Looking forward to exploring this further in future sessions.”
When buying your ticket for these course are are buying a series ticket for all three sessions
Group 1: 11/01/19 full day 02/04/19 full day 04/06/19 half day
Course Leader: Anne Andrews
Time: 9.30am – 4pm – full days 2 – 4.30 pm – half day
£235 (+VAT) for Schools in Diocesan Service Level Agreement (SLA) who do not have the resource materials:
£280 (+VAT) for Schools not in the Diocesan Service Level Agreement
If you are not sure, please check by emailing Training@oxford.anglican.org or calling Mary Cook on 01865 208272
ONLY Schools which already have the published materials will be charged at £30 (+VAT)
DO NOT SELECT THIS OPTION IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE MATERIALS as this is the bulk of the cost for this course and is essential for your participation.
Second delegates will be charged at £30 (+VAT)
What’s the refund policy?
Once the resource is purchased on your behalf no refunds are available as this is bulk cost and is provided for you to collect for your school. If you buy a ticket without the resource the usual 7 day notice minimum policy applies.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
You can transfer to another person prior to the start of the course, but the same person needs to attend each session in the series.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?
No, please call us and we can amend attendee information. It is crucial the same person attends each session. If someone else purchases your ticket for you they can use registration information to separately log purchaser and attendee information. If you need support with this do call 01865 208272.
Is there a preferred payment method?
If you are able to pay by credit card this substantially reduces our administration costs. You will still be able to print a PDF invoice. If you prefer to pay by invoice select this option in payment method.