This session welcomes all Newly Qualified Teachers to the profession and to working within a Church of England school.
There will be opportunities to meet and discuss with newly qualified colleagues; hear about the work of the Oxford Diocesan Board of Education team and how we can support teachers new to the role to become effective practitioners in their church school.
Short delivery and discussion sessions will include:
- Welcome to the Oxford Diocese – support and team
- The role of the teacher – How can my teaching enable my pupils to be the best they can be?
- Religious Education – What do I need to know?
- SIAMS – What does it mean to be a teacher in a Church of England school? How does this impact upon my teaching and role?
- Teacher well-being – What do I need to do to work hard but stay well and enjoy it?
- Working with colleagues to build a support network, share ideas and challenges.
We will explore the opportunity to hold an additional session in the Spring or Summer term.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Course Leaders: Sarah Thomas
Cost: Schools in Diocesan Service Agreement: £30 (+VAT) per delegate
Schools not in the Diocesan Service Agreement: £50 (+VAT) per delegate
For more information: To book: 01865 208272 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org