This is a one-day course for clergy who are supporting schools in the teaching of Christianity.
Understanding Christianity is a widely used resource, published by RE Today and the Church of England Education Office. The material offers a coherent approach to the teaching of Christianity covering 8 key concepts within a Biblical context. The main aim of the resource is to support teachers in delivering high quality lessons, which promote Biblical and religious literacy. It contains lesson suggestions for pupils from age 5 – 14 and is being used by schools across the diocese.
This course will offer clergy the opportunity to:
- Explore the key elements of the resource and the methodology it promotes
- Discuss the purpose of RE in schools and its place in the wider educational context
- Understand the expectations of the resource
- Discuss how best to support staff teaching Christianity
By the end of the course clergy will:
- Have a clear understanding of the resource
- Have explored strategies for supporting teachers
Target Audience: This course is designed for clergy who support schools with RE teaching and collective worship.
Leader: Anne Andrews
Cost*: £10 (+VAT) per delegate
*includes tea, coffee and lunch
To book: please click the link below