This one day seminar has been developed by the National Stewardship and Resources Team for the Church of England. It is aimed at curates and clergy who would like to understand more about what’s involved in starting a building project in your church or church hall.
We will focus on six big questions:
• How do you get project scope right and to budget?
• What organisations do you need to involve and how do you work with them effectively?
• How do you organise and how do you find the right professionals?
• The practical processes and things to avoid – what are they?
• What must you do, and what ought you to do?
• Raising the money – how do you budget it and how not to waste it?
The seminar will be held at St George’s Tilehurst, which has recently completed its building project. The day will include a tour of the facility and an opportunity to meet with Revd Adam Carlill, who has overseen the project.
Nicolas Jenni is the National Procurement Officer for the Church of England.