Carrying out the Headteacher’s appraisal review is a major responsibility of the governing body, and should be performed by governors who have undertaken appropriate training.
We will show you how you can work with an experienced team of advisors to ensure that your statutory responsibilities for Headteacher appraisal are met and the best possible outcomes are achieved for all the children and young people in your school.
The course will:
- Identify the key features of the process and the differing roles of appointed Governors, the Headteacher and the adviser.
- Help you to understand the best way to undertake this key task so that the best possible outcomes are achieved.
- Support you to write effective objectives for your headteacher
- Familiarise you with the New Headteacher Standards January 2015.
- Advise you on the procedure for making recommendations about the Headteacher pay to the Governing Body.
Course Leaders: Joanne Daly/Frances Bartlett
Cost: SLA schools: £45, or as part of Excellence in Governance package: £499 (10 modules over 2 years, 3 Gov.s per module)
To book: 01865 208272 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org