This module is aimed at governing bodies of schools who are aiming to become outstanding. It is an interactive session that will enable governors to understand how inspectors judge outstanding governance and what this means in practice.
It looks at the features of outstanding governing bodies, including the criteria that have been highlighted in recent governance reports under the latest inspection frameworks. It involves work on the descriptors for outstanding leadership and management, the latest publications on governance, suggestions for high quality monitoring and reporting arrangements and an opportunity to assess your governing body against both the criteria to enable your governing body to become outstanding.
The module will focus on:
- An overview of the current Ofsted Framework
- An awareness of the implications for Governors.
- Knowing what outstanding Governing Bodies are organised and work.
- Knowing what is expected of Governors’ monitoring and evaluation routines.
- A chance to discuss, ask questions and consider the evidence needed with our experienced school inspectors and advisers
This course is suitable for governors, senior leaders and Headteachers of primary and secondary schools.
Course Leaders: Sarah Thomas / Frances Bartlett
Cost: SLA schools: £60.00 + VAT, non SLA schools £80.00 + VAT or as part of Excellence in Governance package: SLA schools £650.00 non SLA schools £900.00 (10 modules over 2 years, 3 Gov.s per module)
To book: please click the link below.