Speakers: Robin Sharples, Diocesan School Link Adviser, who designed and wrote much of www.worshipworkshop.org.uk, and Yvonne Morris, Children’s Adviser for the Diocese of Oxford
Developed from ideas underpinning the National Society’s website, this course will explore many ideas of practical use in school worship. The day will include material which will be appropriate in all types of school, Church or otherwise.
We will look at the role of clergy in:
- encouraging participation across the community
- parish and church relationships
- worship versus assembly
- themes, values, patterns and being explicit
- planning, policies and governors
- spiritual development
- creating prayers with children and developmental aspects of prayer
- pupil/student leadership and creation of worship
- practical links with biblical sources
- worship throughout the life of the school – SMSC and Personal Development
- suggestions for worship in class – including for young children
- sacramental possibilities.
Through the course, participants will have a clear understanding of the role of worship in Church schools; how this can contribute to good/outstanding SIAMS judgements and the role it can play in good SMSC and Personal Development within the Ofsted framework.
The workshop is for all clergy involved in worship in schools or who are interested in learning more.
Date: Wednesday 24 May
Time: 10 am–4 pm
Venue: Church House Oxford
Cost: £8 (including lunch)